Saturday, February 27, 2010

O Week Ends and Classes Begin

 The craziness of Orientation is coming to a close, and I'm going to have to start thinking about studying again. Monday I went to a "Freaks and Geeks" part at our on campus bar, the Ferguson, and Thursday I went on a pub crawl, also through the school. The pub crawl was super fun. There were 140 of us and we went to 6 different places. Outside of the school events, on Wednesday my lovely friend Jessica took me, Mark and Nicole (2 of my flatmates) around Albany. We went inline skating adn then to Campbell bay for a walk on the beach. Friday was a quiet night-recovering from Thursday. On Saturday I relaxed at home during the morning, then went to the mall with Mark and Nicole during the afternoon. At 5 we went to a rugby game, which was really fun, even if I still don't understand quite all of it. In the evening we had a few friends over to hang out, and now Orientation week is officially over.

However, partyng isn't the only thing Idid this week.
For the record, I am taking:
Intro to Social Anthropology
Practical Ethics
Molecular and Cell Biology
Food Chemistry

I had my first one or two lectures in all of my classes this week. Overall I think all of them will be very interesting. The lecturer in Food Chemistry is a tad dull, but the subject itself is interesting enough I  think to make up for that. I also will only be able to attend my Intro to Social Anthropology lecture (which is only once a week) for the first half of the term, because after that my Molecular lab is at the same time, so that should be interesting. I have to buy my books tomorrow, which I think will be spendy, but otherwise it is looking like it will be a good term.


Here are a few more New Zealand terms for you (again-Kiwi: American):
Nappy: Diaper
On the chop: Intoxicated
Trolley: Shopping cart
Lemonade: Sprite 
Jandal: sandals, typically flip flops

No comments:

Post a Comment